Don’t wait for a disaster to happen by putting off water heater repairs. Know the signs that your water heater is close to failing, jeopardizing the comfort provided by your family’s hot water supply.
The general rule is that you should seriously consider replacing a water heater that is older than 10 years. While it’s important to regularly check your water heater for leaks, if your water heater is located in a place that would cause damage if it were to leak, it’s particularly advisable to examine the heater for leaks, especially if it is older. You can check the serial number of your water heater and date it was manufactured. Look for a prominent sticker on the water heating unit.
Fast and Friendly Water Heater Repairs
Problems with your water heater do not necessarily mean that you have to replace it. Nick’s Plumbing offers you fast, friendly and affordable service when your water heater is on the fritz. Our highly skilled water heater repairs service technicians will inspect your hot water heater, diagnose the issues and let you know what your options are for repairing the unit. Problems with a malfunctioning water heater may be as basic as loose fittings or connections to the tank.
Look for the classic signs that your water heater may need servicing:
- Cloudy or rusty water flows out of the hot water faucet. Rusty-looking water means that the water heater is rusting from the inside and a leak may be imminent, however, check to see if the rust is coming from old galvanized piping, which would bring up another issue—possible pipe replacement.
- It takes a longer time for water to heat up. Sediment build-up requires more energy to heat the water and causes the unit to be less energy efficient.
- The water heater makes rumbling noises. Sediment and particles build up on the bottom of the tank as the water heater gets older. The material will likely harden as it is continually heated up. The more time the heater needs to heat up the water, the faster it will wear down the metal tank, making the metal brittle, cracking it and producing small holes.
- Water does not get as hot as it used to get. The heating elements in the water tank may need to be replaced.
- Water appears around the water heater. If there is standing water under or moisture around the water heater, there are likely leaks or fractures that are allowing water to leave the water heater.
Expert Water Heater Repairs
Call us today at 713-868-9907 for expert water heater repairs service. Nick’s Plumbing & Sewer Services is dedicated on being the BEST plumbing company in Houston. Our experienced plumbers get the job done right the first time. We bring a mobile plumbing warehouse with us to each job, allowing us to get almost every imaginable job done right on the spot. Don’t just take our word for it, feel free to read reviews from very satisfied customers here on YP.COM.