Customer Service Representative / Dispatch Position
The basic function of the Customer Service Representative/Dispatcher (CSR/DSR) is to convert
incoming customer calls into booked service calls and forwards to available service technicians.
To prioritize, organize, and equally divide incoming calls to be scheduled for the service technicians.
The CSR/DSR must be goal oriented self-starting, and energetic. This person must have a genuine empathy for customers and a willingness to help others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to complete all areas outlined for this position in a satisfactory manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• The CSR/DSR handles service calls from customers projecting a professional image and using
the company prepared script.
• Utilizes customer service training to educate to establish rapport and assist customers in
choosing service and products.
• Follows company training to assure prompt and accurate dispatch of incoming orders.
• Is aware of the importance of service technician incentive programs and assures fair and
equitable distribution of work and proper documentation of said work.
• Conducts ‘Happy Calls’ and other service-related follow-ups, and outbound customer contact
according to company procedure.
• Maintains up-to-date route and sequence changes to achieve the goal of the best possible
customer service in the most efficient time and at the least possible cost.
• Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Be knowledgeable and current on pricing, seasonal promotions, coupons and other price related
• The CSR/DSR must be goal oriented self-starting, and energetic.
• Must have very pleasant telephone demeanor and be able to demonstrate good customer service
and telephone skills.
• The CSR/DSR must be familiar with company policies and be able to communicate with
customers in regards to services the company provides with a high degree of accuracy.
• The CSR/DSR must be able to work with other employees, management, and technicians to get the job done correctly and in the best interest of our customers, while abiding by Company
policies and procedures.
• Basic sales skills, thinks “out of the box” to help schedule calls.
• A minimum of two years’ experience including hands on training and or work in telephone call
centers, customer service and dispatch is required.
• Must be able to type 35wpm on a standard keyboard as well as perform other basic clerical operations.
High school diploma or equivalent.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Regularly requires sitting, walking, bending, and lifting for prolonged periods of time.
The employee must have a full range of body movements including the use of hands feet and fingers to
handle or feel objects and must be capable of bending, reaching, and crouching.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position.
The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the
PLEASE NOTE: When applying for this position on-line, please submit your cover letter and
resume and put the position title in the subject line. Submit to: email@example.com